ACF’s Biggest Winner Contest is officially in full‑swing! If our contestants have learned anything about this process so far, it’s that life doesn’t slow down just because we are changing our lifestyles! We’re thinking to ourselves…
Balancing family, work, life can be hectic…and now I have to be conscious of what I eat AND make time to exercise? What a daunting thought!
When life gets busy, it’s so easy to fall back into those old eating habits. This is why preparation and knowledge are the most important tools in your tool belt! Let’s talk about some ways you can avoid those tempting treats, and what you can enjoy instead – minus the guilt!
You can explore healthy options FAST!
Between travelling for work, entertaining clients, social outings, or life-on-the-run you probably won’t be able to avoid eating out entirely. But don’t despair! Many eateries are providing nutrition information, making it easier than ever to stay on track. So next time you find yourself invited to lunch during the workweek, try one of these strategies:
- Run a quick search online: Simply access your search engine of choice and type “[Restaurant Name] nutrition info.” There are several websites dedicated to arming consumers with knowledge – helping you meet your wellness goals!
- Check out the HealthyOut app: If you need to get the facts on several restaurant options, let HealthyOut come to the rescue! Enter your dietary preferences (High Protein, Heart Healthy, Vegetarian, etc.) and your zip code (or use location service), and the app will provide you with dishes at nearby restaurants that meet your needs. You can even select a meal and see healthy modifications that you can make!
Quick Grab-n-Go Meals for LE$$
Eating out is fun and convenient, but rarely is it cost-effective. Yet, for so many of us, finding time to cook seems nearly impossible when we’re already juggling work, family, and keeping up with personal responsibilities. No wonder people turn to drive-thru and delivery!
If making delicious and healthy meals every day simply doesn’t work for you, then try preparing a few grab-n-go meals on a convenient day. If you don’t know where to start, check out these recipes for Healthy Breakfast Cups or Quick Low-Calorie Lunches. When Monday morning rolls around, you’re ahead of the game! Just grab-n-go with a few healthy snacks! And on that note…
Enjoy Your Snacks Wisely!
There’s something about the period of time between meals that just triggers the munchies. Most of us actually need a few snacks to keep ourselves going throughout the day, and there’s nothing wrong with that!
When you stop at a gas station or convenience store for a quick pick-me-up, you know that you are going to be bombarded with temptations as soon as you walk through the door. Don’t give in! You can almost always find a relatively healthy option – no matter what your taste buds are asking for:
- Craving something CRUNCHY? Try some veggie chips, pretzels, or nuts! Just make sure you get a low-sodium option and stick to the suggested serving size.
- Craving something MEATY? Packets of tuna or salmon are great for on-the-
go. Jerky can also be a great option, but steer clear of the brands that are high in sodium and sugar.
- Craving something REFRESHING? Celery sticks or apple slices make a great vehicle for nut butter, and they are terrific options when you don’t want to eat anything too heavy. Plus, celery is a great source of calcium – who knew?
- Craving some CAFFIENE? Walk away from sugary smoothies, energy drinks, or bottled Frappuccino. Instead, seek out some acai juice or coconut water for a boost of energy without the caffeine! If those options aren’t available to you, there’s always good old‑fashioned iced tea with little or no sugar…add lemon/orange slices for extra zing.
- And finally…craving something SWEET? That’s right, there’s still room for dessert in your new life! Indulge your sweet tooth with a serving of dark chocolate (with at least 70 percent cacao) or an all-fruit popsicle, completely guilt-free!
Our hectic lives can often be a stumbling block towards becoming healthier, but a little creativity and dedication will help you meet your wellness goals. Even better, finding solutions that don’t leave you feeling deprived will help you make these changes a LIFESTYLE, not a diet.
ACF, Inc. is ‘The logical choice.’
So whether your business is in Tampa, Orlando, or anywhere else in Florida we can provide the quality repair service your business can depend on. Find out why thousands of our customers have depended on us!
We offer expanded service capabilities throughout the state of Florida with offices in Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville and Melbourne. Parts stocked locally throughout Florida. Our service team is available 24-hour / 7 days a week. We offer repair, preventative maintenance programs and installation of air compressors systems and generators for commercial and industrial clients.
Let us share our expertise with you today! 813-621-9671.